Grilled Lamb and Tabbouleh with feta cheese
For a delicious accompaniment to Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured grilled lamb steaks simply toss up a Tabbouleh salad, packed with parsley and mint and mixed with ripe, juicy tomatoes and zesty lemon.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cooking Time 20-25 mins
Oven temperature Pre-heat to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 4 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb steaks
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A little salt and pepper
Ingredients for Tabbouleh
- 100g bulgar wheat (available from health food shops and supermarkets)
- 500ml lamb stock
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped (including the green parts)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large beef tomatoes
- 100g feta cheese cut into cubes
- 40 g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 50 g parsley, finely chopped
- 4 inches (10 cm) cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 bag of baby salad leaves
Cook the bulgar wheat in the stock for 10 minutes until tender. If there is any liquid remaining drain and leave the wheat in the hot saucepan with the lid on to steam for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and cool before mixing with the remaining salad ingredients.
Rub the Lamb steaks with the olive oil and grill or barbecue for 3 – 4 minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. Rest the Lamb before serving with the Tabbouleh and feta salad.