Steak burger with onion marmalade
Nothing beats the taste of a juicy and succulent homemade burger. Made with prime Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean minced steak and topped with tangy onion marmalade and creamy Irish blue cheese, this is the best dressed burger in town!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Oven temperature 170ºC/325ºf/Gas3
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 4 burger buns, cut in half and lightly toasted
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
- 1 beef tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 4 spoonfuls of store bought onion marmalade
- 60g Irish blue cheese
- A little olive oil for frying
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean minced steak
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of yellow mustard
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Combine all of the burger ingredients together and form into 4 patties. Fry over a medium heat in a little oil, for 5 – 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Set aside to rest and keep warm.
Place the cooked burgers onto a baking tray and top with1 slice of beef tomato, a spoonful of onion marmalade and a slice of blue cheese, then pop the tray into a hot oven for 5 minutes until the cheese begins to melt. Meanwhile arrange some rocket leaves on the top of each toasted bun, remove the burgers from the oven and place on each of the buns. Serve with salad.