Balsamic Lamb with aubergine salsa
Get your chops around this delicious dish of tender Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured loin of lamb, lovingly marinated with a balsamic glaze. Served with creamy mash and salsa it’s super tasty – no bones about it!
Prep Time 20 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
- 8 thickly cut Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured loin chops
- 2 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, plus 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 aubergine, cut into small dice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 beef tomatoes, skins removed, cut in half and diced
- 1 small handful of chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
Place the loin chops in a non-metallic bowl with the balsamic glaze, sliced garlic and thyme. Season, stir and set aside to marinade.
Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onion until softened, then fry the aubergine until golden add the garlic, tomatoes and red wine and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until most of the wine has evaporated, Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Add the loin chops and their marinade and fry for 3-4 minutes each side for medium, depending on the thickness of the chops. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
Serve the loin chops with creamy mashed potato, aubergine salsa and garnish with fresh rocket leaves and oven roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Creamy mashed potato
- Oven roasted cherry tomatoes
- Rocket leaves