We here at the Livestock and Meat Commission (LMC) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Livestock and Meat Commission for Northern Ireland, Lissue Industrial Estate (East), 1A Lissue Walk, Lisburn, BT28 2LU.
(Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is The Industry Development Manager)
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.beefandlambni.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to receive e mail updates, or enter a competition and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from analytics providers and search information providers (such as Google).
www.beefandlambni.com does not set any cookies to collect personally identifiable information about you. If this should change in the future, we will inform visitors and provide guidance on how to control and delete these cookies.
This site does use third party analytics (Google Analytics) to provide anonymous visitor statistics to enable us to improve the performance of our website. This analytics function sets its own cookie to perform this service. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. This information cannot be used to identify who you are and we do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• For sending out updates on recipes and newsletters about the Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured Scheme (NIFQA), recipes, farmers and retailers;
• To internally administer this website and help us to improve our services.
• To administer any competitions which you may have chosen to enter and to contact you in the case that your entry has been successful.
• To notify you about changes to our service;
• We will not provide your data to any third party source for marketing purposes
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about aspects of the NIFQA scheme that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Analytics, our appointed advertising agency and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and the organisation and distribution of e mail updates to our subscibers.
LMC shall process and store all personal information you submit to us in accordance with applicable law and in particular shall ensure it has appropriate security measures in place to guard against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide and shall keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletters that are sent out, there will be an unsubscribe link on all newsletters to allow you to do this.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The Industry Development Manager,
The Livestock and Meat Commission for Northern Ireland,
Lissue Industrial Estate (East),
1A Lissue Walk,