Mini meatball marinara subs
For a mouth-watering meal in minutes, why not give our spicy meatball subs a go? Packed with succulent Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured minced steak, just waiting to be smothered in a rich tomato and garlic sauce, it’ll beat any takeaway alternative hands down.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 575g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured minced steak
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tablespoon (35g) tomato puree
- 1 heaped teaspoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
For the tomato sauce:
- 1x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 heaped tablespoons (60g) of tomato puree
- 12 mini subs (bread rolls)
• Prepare the meatball ingredients together in a bowl.
• Use clean hands to roll 24 x 30g balls and place them onto a plate.
• Heat a non-stick frying pan and dry fry the meatballs for about 10 minutes, turning them constantly so they brown as they cook.
• Pour chopped tomatoes, beef stock, garlic and tomato puree into the pan and bring to the boil, reduce the temperature and simmer for 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked and tomato sauce has thickened.
• Cut into the subs to open and lightly toast. Place 2 meatballs into each sub roll and top with tomato sauce.