Lamb with mango chilli and mint salad
Turn over a new leaf and create mango magic with this luscious lamb salad. Made with succulent Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured large lamb leg steaks and packed full of zesty flavours it’ll be a ‘toss-up’ who gets the last bite.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 2 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured large lamb leg steaks
- A little olive oil
- 1 peeled clove of garlic – optional
- Salt and pepper
- Watercress leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 mild red chilli finely sliced
- 30g (1 oz.) brown sugar
- The juice and zest of 1 lime
- 30ml olive oil
- 10g (½ packet) mint leaves
- 10g (½ packet) coriander leaves
Rub the lamb steaks with the peeled garlic clove, a little olive oil, salt and pepper and grill on each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the hot grill pan and cover with tin foil. Rest for 5 minutes while you make the salad.
Combine the sliced mango with the red onion, chilli, mint, coriander and watercress leaves. Put the lime juice and sugar into a bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute to dissolve the sugar, mix in the olive oil and then add into the salad and mix. Place salad in small piles on serving plates. Slice the rested lamb and place on top of the salad.