Crunchy couscous lamb patties with humous
It’s amazing what you can create with Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean minced lamb. Mixed with a hint of spice and coated with crunchy couscous these little patties are sure to appeal to every palate.
Prep Time 25 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 1 shop bought small tub of roasted pepper humous
- 4 pitta bread pockets
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean minced lamb for the lamb patties
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 ½ tsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 75g white breadcrumbs
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped (10g)
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Coating for patties
- 1 egg for dipping
- 100g couscous, cooked (follow packet instructions)
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- For the salad
- 1 small bag of baby spinach leaves
- 50g radishes, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 x 400g tin of chick peas, drained
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp of honey
Mix all of the lamb pattie ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Divide the mixture into 12 x 50g balls and flatten out to make patties. Mix the chilli powder into the cooked couscous in a bowl. Lightly mix the egg in another bowl. Dip each lamb pattie in the egg, then into the couscous and coat well, then place onto a baking tray and bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes.
While the patties are cooking toast the pitta pockets, mix the salad ingredients together and dress with the olive oil, lemon juice and honey.
Arrange the pitta bread and salad onto plates, then top with the warm couscous lamb patties and serve with humous.