5 – 10 mins
15 - 20 mins
High heat on hob
400g of Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured sliced beef rump
6 tbsp. corn flour
1-2 tbsp. good quality salt
Vegetable oil enough for frying
Onion, sliced 1
2 garlic cloves
1 green pepper, sliced
360g white rice
100ml sweet chilli
4 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
1. Slice the rump steak thinly, place in a bowl and toss in cornflour and salt.
2. Heat the oil in a wok until hot, add the beef and cook until golden and crisp.
3. Scoop out the beef and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Reserve some of the oil for the next process, discard the rest.
5. Stir-fry the vegetables for 3 mins to soften slightly.
6. Add soy, sweet chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and honey.
7. Bubble for 2 mins, then add the beef back to the pan and toss well to coat.
8. Cook rice as per bag instructions and serve with the beef
9. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh scallions