2 large Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured beef rump steaks
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1 red onion, very finely sliced
500g stir fry green vegetables (pak choi, mange tout, sugar snap peas etc)
For the marinade
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons miso paste
Juice of 1 lime
1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
A pinch chili flakes
2 teaspoon cornflour, mixed to a paste with 2 tablespoons of cold water
2 x 250g sachets of cooked basmati rice
• In a large, shallow dish, mix soy sauce, honey, miso paste, lime juice, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Add the steak and marinade for at least 10 minutes.
• Heat olive oil in a large frying pan to very hot.
• Remove the steak from the marinade and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
• Add red onion to the frying pan and cook for a minute before adding green vegetables. Quickly cook until tender.
• Heat the rice as per packet instructions.
• To make the sauce, pour the marinade into a small saucepan and boil for 2 minutes, stir in cornflour paste and boil for a minute until thick.
• Slice the cooked steak and return to the pan with its juices, green vegetables and coat in the sauce.
• Spoon rice into warm bowls, top with vegetables and beef. Drizzle with sauce before serving.