THE ONE, THE ONLY.... SIRLOIN HEAVEN. Only the greatest pair of all time! This twist on steak and peppercorn sauce will go down a treat with everyone. And also, who knew peppercorn sauce was so easy to make..
2 medium Northern Ireland Farm Quality
Assured sirloin steaks
2 teaspoons olive oil
100ml white wine
150ml beef stock
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
Freshly milled salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, finely sliced
125g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
80g baby spinach leaves
• Brush the steaks with a little of the oil and lightly season.
• Heat a large frying pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or a further minute for medium and so on.
• Remove the steaks to a plate and keep warm while you make the sauce.
• Add wine and beef stock to the pan and reduce by half. Whisk in mustard, cream, pepper and a little salt. Reduce the temperature and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until thick.
• Meanwhile, heat the oil in a separate frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until golden. Stir in garlic and spinach for a few minutes until the spinach wilts.
• Arrange spinach and mushrooms onto warm plates with the steaks. Drizzle with peppercorn sauce before serving.