Cheese, bacon and a juicy burger... it doesn't get much better than that! Why not spice it up by trying different toppings.. we think some spicy relish would give it a zing!
300g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean minced steak
1 small shallot, peeled and very finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
A pinch of chilli flakes
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon reduced salt soy sauce
Freshly milled black pepper
4 brioche rolls, cut in half
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
100g salad leaves
8 smoked back bacon rashers
4 slices of cheddar cheese
100g ready made tobacco onions
• Preheat an oven to 180oC / (Fan 160oC) / Gas mark 4
• In a large bowl mix minced steak, shallot, garlic, chilli flakes, parsley, egg, soy sauce and pepper together. Divide the mixture in 4 and roll into equal size balls, then flatten into patties.
• Heat a Char-grill to moderate and grill the patties for 3 - 4 minutes on both sides until cooked. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
• Char-grill the bacon for 2 - 3 minutes on both sides until crisp.
• Place tobacco onions onto a tray and heat in a hot oven as per packet instructions.
• Lightly toast the brioche rolls, spread the base with mayonnaise. Top with salad leaves, bacon, burger, cheese and tobacco onions. Place the lid on top and serve.