Warm beef salad with cherry tomato dressing, asparagus and parmesan
Who says salad has to be boring? Beef yours up with this deliciously zingy BBQ/grill recipe. Imagine simply delicious Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured fillet steaks sizzling over the coals, along with a fresh and zesty salad dressing, and tuck in to a taste sensation.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 4 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured fillet steaks
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 100g Asparagus tips, blanched
- 12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g Parmesan shavings
- 1 small bag of baby salad leaves
- 10 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
A screw top jar is perfect for making and storing dressings in, simply put all of the cherry tomato dressing ingredients into the jar, screw the top on and shake. Store in the fridge, it will last for 3-4 days.
Rub the steaks with olive oil, and cook on a hot barbecue for about 4 minutes on each side for medium, remove to a plate, cover with foil and rest.
Grill the asparagus until tender. Place the salad leaves in a large bowl and mix in the tomatoes and asparagus. When the steaks have rested slice each of them into six pieces and add to the salad along with the juices. Stir in the cherry tomato dressing. Divide the salad onto four plates and garnish with Parmesan shavings.