The Perfect Steak
How to make the perfect steak whether it be fillet, ribeye, sirloin or rump!
Prep Time 1 min
Cooking Time 6 mins + resting time (minimum 5mins)
Oven temperature Pre-heat to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4, a frying pan is also required
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 2 x 300g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured Sirloin or Rib eye steaks
- Olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper
The key to a perfect steak is cooking at a high temperature for a short time. The steak must be at room temperature, so remove from the fridge 45 minutes before cooking. Pre heat the oven. Season and rub the steaks with a little salt, pepper and olive oil. Heat a frying pan until it’s very hot. Sear the steaks for 1 minute on either side, then transfer to an oven tray and place in a hot oven. Cook for 4 minutes for medium rare, a further minute for medium or 2 – 3 minutes for well done. Remove the steaks from the oven, cover with tin foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
Serve with salad and crusty bread.
- Salad leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Crusty bread
REMEMBER THE 4 GOLDEN RULES
- Make sure the steaks are Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured
- Remove the steaks from the fridge 45 minutes before cooking.
- The frying pan must be very hot.
- Always allow the steaks to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.