Steak salad with balsamic tomatoes, potatoes and greens
This scrummy salad, made with Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured sirloin steaks marinated in a balsamic vinegar and honey is a deliciously zingy treat the whole family will love. Serve yours on a warm bed of baby potatoes, green beans and rocket leaves.
Prep Time 25 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 2 thick Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured sirloin steaks
For the marinade:
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 330g cherry tomatoes
For the warm salad:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g baby potatoes
- 220g French green beans, trimmed
- 300g asparagus, trimmed
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Handful of freshly grated parmesan
• Prepare the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and marinade the steaks for 15 minutes.
• Meanwhile boil the potatoes until tender, drain and transfer to a large frying pan with olive oil and fry until crisp and golden.
• When the potatoes are ready, remove to a large dish and place into a hot oven to keep warm.
• Return the frying pan to the heat, remove the steaks from the marinade and seal in the hot pan for 2 minutes on each side, remove the steaks from the pan, place onto an oven tray and set into a hot oven for 5 minutes.
• Tip the cherry tomatoes into the empty frying pan along with the remaining marinade (add 4 tablespoons of water) and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes until the tomatoes soften and a sticky sauce forms.
• Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus and green beans for 2 minutes until bright green but still crunchy.
To assemble the warm salad:
• Remove the potatoes and steaks from the oven, allow the steaks to rest while you arrange the potatoes onto a large warm serving plate. Top with green beans, asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
• Slice the steak into thin slices and place on top of the salad.
• Drizzle the sticky balsamic sauce over the meat and sprinkle with parmesan.
• Serve with rocket leaves.