Spicy lamb koftas with mango and yogurt dip
Turn a spicy meatball mix into finger licking kofta kebabs. All you need is lean Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured minced lamb, a few fiery spices and a handful of skewers. Bake in the oven, then simply dip in and enjoy!
Prep 20 mins
Cooking Time 35 mins
Oven temperature 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 500g lean Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured minced lamb
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Pinch dried cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of ½ a lime
Mango and yogurt dip
- 4 tbsp. of low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 heaped teaspoons of mango chutney
- ¼ cucumber, grated and squeezed to remove water
- Small bunch mint, chopped
- The juice of ½ a lemon
Lightly toast the coriander seeds in a frying pan to release the flavour, then crush them in a pestle and mortar. Add the remaining spices and mix with the lamb, egg, lime juice and salt and pepper. Form into 12 meatballs and thread 3 onto each of the wooden skewers. Bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes.
Mix the mango and yoghurt ingredients together and set aside.
Serve the spicy koftas on a warm plate with some of the yoghurt dip and wedges of lemon.