Spiced lamb pitta pockets
Get the kids involved in filling their own pitta pocket with Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb mince, salad leaves, mango chutney and chopped mint. All that’s left to do is tuck in and enjoy!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb mince
- 3 heaped teaspoons medium curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 whole red chilli cut in half, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 6 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 8 mini pitta pockets
- Extra mango chutney
- Natural yogurt with a little chopped fresh mint
• Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the lamb mince with curry powder, garlic and sliced chilli for about 8 minutes until the mince is cooked. Stir continuously so the meat breaks into small chunks.
• Toast the mini pitta pockets.
• Mix mango chutney, sliced scallions and chopped mint and coriander into the mince just before serving.
• Serve the spiced lamb with salad leaves, mango chutney and minted yogurt.