Moroccan Lamb & Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6 Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g butternut squash, peeled, cut into small cubes 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon ground cumin 300g quinoa 1L chicken stock 100g Halloumi, […]
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6
- 500g butternut squash, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 300g quinoa
- 1L chicken stock
- 100g Halloumi, cut into small cubes
- 80g dried cranberries
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 bag wild rocket leaves
- Salt & Black pepper to season
- Squeeze of lemon juice
For the cutlets:
- 8 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb cutlets (2 per person)
- 3 teaspoons of Moroccan seasoning (or Ras el Hanout)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the roasted butternut squash quinoa:
• Place the quinoa into a saucepan and rinse and drain under a tap a few times, to get rid of the soapy residue.
• Add the sauscepan onto a medium heat, pour in the hot chicken stock and place a lid on the pan. Allow the quinoa to lightly bubble and simmer until all water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffed (approx. 15-20mins).
• Meanwhile, add the butternut squash cubes and red onion wedges into a medium bowl, add olive oil, coriander, cumin and mix until coated, transfer to an oven tray and roast in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
• Brush a char-grill pan with oil and heat. Grill the Halloumi cubes until golden.
• To a large bowl, add the quinoa and mix in the butternut squash and red onion, cubes of Halloumi, cranberries, parsley, salt, pepper and a little squeeze of lemon juice.
For the cutlets:
• Return the char-grill pan to the heat, brush the lamb cutlets with a little oil and sprinkle with Moroccan seasoning. Grill for 4 minutes on either side, remove from the heat, cover and rest for a few minutes.
• Arrange the couscous onto warm plates, top with lamb cutlets and sprinkle with rocket leaves before serving.