Mini Lamb burgers with tomato relish and mint yoghurt
Not just your average burger! Paired with a mild and minty sauce, you will relish every mouthful of these delicious spicy mini burgers made with Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean minced lamb.
Prep Time 25 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 3 small crusty rolls, cut in half and lightly toasted
- Rocket leaves
- 6 teaspoons of good quality tomato chutney
- 6 teaspoons natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons mint sauce
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean minced lamb
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 level teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Combine all of the ingredients together and form into six meatballs, flatten out slightly to make burgers. Fry over a medium heat in a little oil, for 6 minutes on each side until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Set aside to rest and keep warm. Meanwhile mix the yogurt and mint sauce together.
To serve, lay some rocket leaves on top of each half toasted roll, set a warm burger on top, and add a spoonful of tomato chutney and a little yogurt and mint sauce.