You will want every night to be curry night after devouring this family favourite. Korma that packs a flavour punch with Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb. Serve with fluffy turmeric rice for the ultimate chef brownie points.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 2 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb leg steaks
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 55g Greek yoghurt
For the Rice:
- 255g long grain rice
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
• Begin by boiling a saucepan of water and adding the rice and turmeric. Allow this to cook for 12 minutes to infuse the flavour.
• While the rice is cooking you can get on with preparing and chopping the vegetables
• Dry fry the chopped lamb and garlic for four minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Then add the special ingredients chilli powder, coriander seeds, cumin, mixed spice powder, curry powder and paprika and stir.
•Next add the tomato puree and stir. Leave the korma to simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
•Toss in the yoghurt, spring onions and tomatoes, stir and leave to simmer for a further 3 minutes allowing the flavours to deepen.
•Then add the coriander, stir and remove the korma from the heat.
• Lastly serve the mouth-watering korma on top of the rice