Lamb, Beetroot & Feta Burgers With Flatbread & Pink Slaw
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Oven temperature: 170 oC/ Gas Mark 3 Serves: 6 Always wash your hands after handling raw meat Ingredients for the burger: 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured minced lamb ½ small red onion, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 small raw beetroot, grated 1 handful of […]
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Oven temperature: 170 oC/ Gas Mark 3
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
Ingredients for the burger:
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured minced lamb
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small raw beetroot, grated
- 1 handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the slaw:
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut in half and very finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- ¼ red cabbage, very finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To serve
- 6 wholemeal seeded flat breads
- 1 bag of baby salad beetroot leaves
- 2 small ready cooked beetroots, grated
- 150g Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
• Place the lamb mince into a bowl, add chopped red onion, crushed garlic, grated beetroot, chopped mint, egg, salt and pepper and mix together.
• Roll into 6 equal size balls and flatten into burger patties.
• Fry the burgers over a medium heat in a little oil for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
• Set aside to rest and keep warm.
For the slaw
• Simply mix the pink slaw ingredients together while you warm the flat breads in the hot oven.
• Arrange warm flat breads onto plates, top with lamb burgers, baby beetroot leaves and grated beetroot.
• Finally, crumble the feta cheese and sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the top before serving with a spoonful of pink slaw on the side.