Hoisin Beef with rice noodles
With a combined preparation and cooking time of just 20 minutes, this hoisin noodle dish is ideal for when you need to whip up something tasty in a hurry. Made with Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured beef rump and a tasty selection vegetables and spices, you’d be mad not to try it.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
You will need either a large frying pan or a wok
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 250g dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 600g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured beef rump, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in half, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1 head of pak choi
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled, then cut into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 1 large clove of garlic, grated
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, cut in half, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
• Plunge the noodles into boiling water, then reduce the temperature and simmer for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
• While the noodles are cooking, heat a large wok or frying pan until very hot.
• Sprinkle 5 spice powder over the sliced beef and mix well.
• Pour half the oil into the hot wok, quickly add beef slices and stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes.
• Remove the beef from the wok and keep warm.
• Return the wok to the heat, add the remaining oil and stir fry the sliced peppers for 2 minutes before adding the pak choi, carrot ribbons, garlic, ginger, chilli, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and water, stir for 1 minute to combine while adding the cooked beef.
• Sprinkle with spring onions before serving with rice noodles.