Grilled lamb chops with roasted vegetables and basil mash
For an easy way to incorporate a few of your five a day into your diet, try this healthy grilled lamb chops dish. Made with Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb chops, served alongside a colourful array of roasted vegetables a top a bed of basil mash, it’ll taste as good as it looks.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
Oven temperature Set oven at 200oC/400oF/gas mark 6 & pre-heat a grill
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 8 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb chops or lamb leg steaks
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 large pinch of chilli flakes
For the roasted vegetables:
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
For the basil mash:
- 900g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 50g butter
- 120ml milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
• Mix olive oil, garlic and chilli in a shallow bowl.
• Coat each lamb chop in the marinade and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. When the lamb is ready, place under a hot grill and cook for 6 – 7 minutes on each side, cover and keep warm while you finish preparing the potatoes and vegetables.
To make the roasted vegetables:
• Roughly cut the vegetables into 2 inch pieces (cubes or triangular shaped) and toss in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
• Place onto a large tray and roast in a hot oven for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
To make the basil mash:
• Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender for about 20 – 25 minutes, drain, replace the lid and rest for three minutes.
• Add the butter and milk while you mash the potatoes.
• Stir in the chopped basil, salt and pepper.
• Pile the mash onto warm serving plates, top with grilled chops and spoon vegetables with their juices over the top.