Chinese Steak & Sweet Potato Bruschetta
Serves 4 Prep Time 10 mins Cooking Time 10 mins Oven temperature 200oC / gas mark 5 Always wash your hands after handling raw meat Ingredients: 2 large sweet potatoes, washed 1 teaspoon olive oil Black pepper 225g green beans, trimmed 100g frozen peas A small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped A large handful of […]
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
Oven temperature 200oC / gas mark 5
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- 225g green beans, trimmed
- 100g frozen peas
- A small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- A large handful of wild rocket leaves
- Ingredients for the marinade
- 2 x 200g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured sirloin steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 100ml soy sauce
- 60ml oyster sauce
• Add the marinade ingredients to a large bowl and mix well, add the sirlion steaks, making sure they are well coated and then set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, slice the sweet potatoes longways into 4 thick slices, brush with a little oil, season with black pepper and bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes until golden and tender.
• Heat a chargrill pan until very hot. Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook for 2 – 3 minutes on either side then remove the steaks from the pan, place onto a small plate, cover with tin foil and rest for 5 minutes.
• Pour the remaining marinade into the pan with a little water and bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is thick.
• Meanwhile plunge the beans into hot water and boil for 2 minutes, then add the peas and cook for a minute before draining.
• Cut the rested sirloin steaks into slices. Arrange the sweet potato slices onto warm plates, top with green beans, peas and slices of steak.
• Drizzle with sauce and scatter with chopped coriander and rocket leaves before serving.