Chinese Beef Pancakes
Experience the oriental flavour of these delicious Chinese beef pancakes, marinated in teriyaki and hoisin sauce with a hint of chilli. The infusion of rich flavours and spices is sure to have your taste buds tingling!
Prep Time 10 mins
Marinade Time 30 mins
Cooking Time Time 15 mins
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 2 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 12 Chinese pancakes
- 4 tablespoons hoisin or Chinese plum sauce
- 4 scallions, shredded
- ¼ cucumber cut into thin sticks
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
• Pour the teriyaki sauce into a shallow bowl with the steaks and allow to marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
• Heat a non-stick frying pan to very hot and add a little oil. Sear the steaks for 1 minute on both sides. Remove from the pan, place onto an oven tray and cook in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
• Remove the steaks from the oven and rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
• Gently warm the pancakes in a steamer or microwave before filling with slices of steak, cucumber, scallions and slivers of chilli. Drizzle with hoisin sauce and roll into a cylinder shape before serving.