Beef & Mushroom Broth
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 Ingredients: 2 teaspoons of olive oil 2 x 300g thick Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured rump steaks 250g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 125ml teriyaki sauce 75ml oyster sauce 1 large garlic clove, crushed 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated 2 tablespoons of […]
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 x 300g thick Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured rump steaks
- 250g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 125ml teriyaki sauce
- 75ml oyster sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 750ml beef stock
- 300g cooked rice noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- A small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
• Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat.
• Brush the steaks with a little oil. Cook the steaks for 4 – 5 minutes on either side, remove from the pan, place onto a small plate, cover with tin foil and allow them to rest while you make the broth.
• Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan and fry the sliced mushrooms until golden.
• Add the teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar and beef stock to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add the carrot sticks, then cover and continue to cook until tender, then add the cooked noodles and spring onion.
• Thinly slice the steaks and add to the broth; warm through for a few minutes and then ladle into warm bowls.
• Garnish with a sprinkle of chilli and coriander before serving.