Beef Burrito Bowl
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves 6 Ingredients: 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 red onion, thinly sliced 1 red pepper, sliced 1 yellow pepper, sliced 2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder 1 large clove of garlic, crushed 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured steak mince 1 […]
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured steak mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100ml water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
For the rice:
- 250g basmati rice
- 500mls water
- 2 avocados, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- A small bunch of chopped coriander
- A handful of rocket leaves
- 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
• Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion for a few minutes, stirring occasionally before adding the sliced peppers, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
• Stir in cumin, paprika, chilli powder and crushed garlic, cook for a further minute before adding the steak mince to the frying pan.
• Break the mince up with a wooden spoon as it browns, stir in tomato puree, water and a crumbled stock cube, cook for 10 minutes, then add kidney beans and cook for 2 minutes until warm.
• Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan and add the rice, stir with a spoon and then reduce the temperature to a simmer, pop the lid on and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
• Remove the saucepan from the heat, keep the lid firmly fixed and allow the rice to steam for 5 minutes.
• Arrange the rice into large serving bowls with the minced steak, peppers and beans, top with avocado slices, cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese, rocket leaves and coriander.
• Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado. Drizzle a little yogurt over the dish before serving.