Beef & Beetroot Rissoles With Bean & Avocado Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Serves: 6 Always wash your hands after handling raw meat Ingredients: 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured steak mince 1 small raw beetroot, peeled and grated ½ small red onion, finely diced 90g cooked quinoa ½ teaspoon paprika 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 small handful of […]
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured steak mince
- 1 small raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 90g cooked quinoa
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Ingredients for the salad
- 200g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- A small handful of chopped parsley
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and cut into cubes
- The juice of half a lemon
- ½ small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 bag of wild rocket leaves
Greek natural yoghurt
• Place the mince into a bowl and add grated beetroot, diced onion, cooked quinoa, paprika, crushed garlic, parsley and egg. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients together and then roll into 12 equal size balls.
• Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place the rissoles into the pan and flatten slightly. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes on each side, or until evenly cooked.
• Plunge the green beans into boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and immediately rinse under cold running water, drain and place into a bowl, add chopped parsley, avocado cubes, lemon juice, chopped chilli, rocket leaves and mix the salad together.
• Drizzle a little yoghurt onto serving plates and arrange the salad, top with beef and beetroot rissoles and serve.