Asparagus wrapped in teriyaki beef
If you’re looking for a fresh and healthy twist on steak this oriental beef and noodle dish is packed with flavour. The tender asparagus, wrapped in mouth-watering Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured Ribeye, will have your taste buds tingling to the very last bite.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 5-10 mins
Oven temperature Pre-heat grill or griddle
Always wash your hands after handling raw meat
- 250g asparagus tips (8 per person – so 32 in total)
- 4 small Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured ribeye steaks
- 1 tbsp. of toasted sesame seeds
- 75 ml Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp of ketjap Manis (available from supermarkets)
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- ½ a teaspoon of Chinese five spice stir fry paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsps. of honey
- 250g Japanese rice noodles – cooked as per instructions
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- A tiny pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of honey
- 3 tsps. sesame oil
- Juice of ½ a lime
Slice each ribeye steak into four equal horizontal slices and cover with cling film. Bat out with a rolling pin until the steak is very thin and place them into a dish for marinating. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the steak. Make sure the meat is coated well and leave for 1 hour.
Meanwhile blanch the asparagus tips in boiling water for 30 seconds and immediately plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process.
Roll the steak slices around two asparagus spears at a time. You should have 16 rolls. Set them onto a hot griddle pan or grill and cook for about 5 minutes, turning all the time. Remove from the heat and rest.Mix the cooked rice noodles with the remaining salad ingredients.
Sprinkle the Teriyaki steak rolls with toasted sesame seeds and serve on warm plates with the rice noodle salad.